Consignment Terms and Conditions
Consignment Terms + Conditions:
*Last updated January 2021
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is made between you, (the consignor) and Bumbles & Clover and is considered effective the date the ‘Consign with Us' form is completed. All consignment items are subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. Bumbles & Clover reserves the right to refuse consignment of any items. By your indication that you 'Agree to the Terms and Conditions', you indicate your agreement to the terms set out below and that you are the lawful owner of all the items that you give us in consideration for consignment.
- Free pick-up within the Comox Valley area (Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland, Royston, Union Bay, Buckley Bay, Fanny Bay, Dove Creek, Grantham, Merville, Black Creek, Williams Beach, Saratoga Beach or Oyster River).
- For areas outside those limits, items can be dropped-off at our Courtenay location at an arranged time. Please fill out our Consignment Form and we will reach out with drop-off instructions.
Items/Brands we do/don't accept:
Please see: What we consign
- We carry children’s clothes, shoes (up to 13.5) and accessories from newborn to 5T.
- We know that style is subjective, but we do our best to curate a wide variety of pieces that appeal to everyone. Please do not be offended if we do not accept all of your items – it could be due to the season or our perceived demand of that type of item. We curate all the items we receive based on our inventory and what is popular amongst our customers.
- All clothes must be clean, freshly laundered (within one week of pick-up) and folded.
- Items must be free of strong odors (smoke, pets, detergent, etc.), rips or stains, alterations and pet hair.
- Items with large holes/stains/tears, excessive pilling, missing buttons or snaps or broken zippers will not be accepted.
- If available, original boxes for shoes are a bonus.
- Please place all items in a clearly labeled box or bag.
- Items will be picked-up on Thursday mornings between 9:00am to 12:00pm and brought back to our Courtenay location.
- Items will be assessed within two weeks of pick-up and an email will be sent confirming which items have been accepted for the online store. Any items that are not accepted can be either donated to a charity of Bumbles & Clover's choice or picked-up within 2 weeks of the email being received.
- We are now offering a cash buyout option where you can sell your items right away for 20% of the list price.
- If you choose this option, items will be selected by Bumbles & Clover and a cash offer will be emailed within 2 weeks of pick-up.
- Should you accept the offer, we will issue an e-transfer to the email we have on file. If you do not accept the cash offer, you can arrange to pick-up items within 2 weeks at our Courtenay location.
- Items bought through the buyout will belong to Bumbles & Clover and will not have a 4-month term length.
Consignment Period Length:
- All items are placed on a minimum 4-month consignment period and will end on the 1st or 15th of the month, depending on which part of the month it falls on.
- If the 4-month end date falls between the 1st and 15th of the month, then your term will expire on the 15th of the month. If it falls between the 16th and end of the month, then your term expires on the 1st of the following month.
- Upon term expiry, you will receive an email within 5 business days outlining the items that sold and your payout details/store credit information. An e-transfer will be issued at this time if payout is selected. A gift card will be issued at this time if store credit is selected.
Consignment Pricing & Payouts:
- All pricing will be set and adjusted, if necessary, at Bumbles & Clover’s discretion. Items listed on the website can be part of a promotion, sale or pop-up shop at Bumbles & Clover’s discretion.
- If you choose to receive store credit for your items, you will receive 50% of the sales price the item sells for. If you choose to have a cash payout, you will receive 35% of the sales price for the items sold.
- Payout and/or store credit is issued at the end of the 4-month term.
- Payout amounts will be sent via e-transfer to the email address on file.
- Store credit will be sent via an electronic gift card to the email address on file.
- Unless indicated on the consignment form, any unsold items will be donated to a local charity of Bumbles & Clover’s choosing.
- If you would like any unsold items returned, please indicate on the consignment form.
- You will be responsible for picking up any unsold items within 7 days following your term expiry email and any unclaimed items after that will be considered abandoned and donated to charity.
- Bumbles & Clover does not assume responsibility, nor do we reimburse for loss or damage due to fire, theft, or for any other reason. All risk of ownership of consigned items shall stay with the consignor.
READY TO CONSIGN WITH US?
Fill out our consignment form to book a pick-up or arrange for drop-off of your gently used items
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the consignment agreement at email@example.com